OCD Treatment Cork
If you need help with OCD, we can help. Full Recovery Is Possible – Individually Tailored – Confidential – Free Phone Consultation
GET CONSULTATION FROM THE BEST OCD SPECIALIST IN CORK
What Is Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)?
Thousands of people all over the world suffer from some form of anxiety disorder on a daily basis. OCD is one of the major forms of this mental health issue which involves the person suffering having constant distressing and repetitive thoughts. OCD is more common than we think and may cause the affected individual to feel some or all the following OCD symptoms; anxiety, depression, isolation and hopelessness. A continuous loop of obsessions and compulsions triggers these symptoms and interfere with the person’s daily life.
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) causes a substantial deal of anxiety and discomfort in an individual as a result of unwanted and worrying thoughts, and/or images or urges (obsessions). The individual going through this will then engage in repetitive behaviours or mental acts (compulsions) as an attempt to reduce the distress caused. Oftentimes, compulsions are performed in a distinct and ritualistic way for periods of time.
The following is a list of common obsessive themes and compulsive rituals:
- Fear of losing control
- Fear of harming themselves or others
- Fear of losing self-control and acting out
- Obsessions linking to germaphobia
- Obsessions based on religious grounds
- Intrusive Sexual thoughts and images
- Unprompted Violent thoughts and images
- Order and Symmetry
- A need for perfection
- Excessive double-checking of everyday objects, such as locks, appliances, and switches
- Checking in on loved ones repeatedly to make sure they’re safe
- Counting, tapping, reading the same lines over and over and repeating certain words
- Excessively relying on the internet for reassurance
- Excessive mental checking or reviewing
- Spending quite a lot of time washing or cleaning
- Following a precise way to arrange or order things
- Excessive praying or engaging in rituals triggered by religious obsessions
The Obsessive Compulsive- Cycle
People with OCD act on compulsions to relieve feeling unease or anxious caused by the obsessions.
The triggering thought/image/Urge (Obsessions) results in intense feelings of Anxiety, which leads the Individual to act compulsively (Rituals) in an effort to relieve that distress.
This only provides temporary relief and actually reinforces the compulsive behaviour, for the simple reason that we are naturally more likely to repeat any behaviour that results in a reduction of anxiety thus leading you to do more compulsions the next time the anxiety appears.
OCD Specialist Cork
OCD Cork provides a natural therapy that reduces the fear associated with the intrusive thoughts which in turn reduces the compulsions as the Nervous system becomes balanced with the practice of the specific ocd techniques,
In order to effectively treat individuals experiencing OCD, OCD specialist cork offers a transformational program which is based on the ancient system of Kundalini Yoga. This program involves a 11-part protocol specific for treating OCD with the main focus on a breath technique called the “OCD Breath”.
Two published clinical trials have been conducted to show the efficiency of these techniques for the treatment of OCD by David Shannohoff Khalsa who is a researcher in mind-body dynamics, and his work is published widely in scientific journals.